A registered attendee may request an invitation letter by providing the following information (An invitation letter is normally required by the Chinese consulate):
• Name as it appears in your passport
• Meeting registration number
• Passport number
• Birth date
Please send your request with the above information to the CGS16 secretary Ms. Gang He at (email@example.com) with Subject Line "CGS16 invitation letter".
Normally, Chinese consulates will accept a scanned electronic file of the invitation letter. If you experience a problem with the electronic letter and require a hard copy of the original, please give Gang He your detailed mailing address and your phone number.
Please be advised that the invitation letter is to assist you in your visa application to attend the conference. CGS16 is not responsible for the issuance of a visa. You are advised to submit your visa application to the appropriate authorities as early as possible.
The following information is general guidance. Please consult the Chinese Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence for official visa information.
To travel to China, you may request a tourist (L) visa by submitting travel reservation information only, including itinerary and booked tickets to enter and exit the country. Typically nothing else is needed, and this is the simplest and fastest visa.
Foreigners who intend to go to China for non-conmmerical exchanges, study tours, sports, and other non-business activities may apply for an F visa, which requires an invitation letter from CGS16. For detailed information, please ask embassy/consulate visa offices.
To apply for a Chinese visa, the following items are needed:
- A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa
- A completed Visa Application Form of the People's Republic of China
- One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (photo copy or digital photo printed on ordinary paper will not be accepted)
- Other related application materials deemed necessary by the visa officer
For more information, click here or contact the Chinese embassy or consulate nearest you.